all images © Meghan Boyer Photography

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Voices

"WATCH MOVIE"  Am I hearing things again?...wait no...that's a real child...wait are you sure?...it could just be those child like voices again.  I decide to take a peek.  When what to my wondering eyes should appear.  I will tell you this, it was not a minature sleigh hauled by eight tiny reindeer. It was Grady, paci in mouth, blankie in hand.

"WATCH MOVIE" he repeats in his muffled paci voice. Where the heck am I?...oh there's Sean...I must be in my bed....wasn't I just nursing someone on a couch like two minutes ago?...how did I get here?

 "Oh no buddy" I try to explain. " It's still the middle of the night" I whisper (it is 6 a.m. after all). "See...it's still dark outside....I'll come lay with you in your bed."  Hey, why not, I haven't slept in that bed yet in the past 6 hours.  I stumble and Grady weeble wobbles into the room he shares with Lillian.  We crawl into his bed...the bottom bunk. This is the warmest, softest, most comfortable bed in the house....why does our two year old have it? Note to self, discuss this with husband later.  

"See...we'll just sleep here a little while longer...then we'll watch a movie"  I try to be convincing.

"WAAAAA"  what the heck. 

"Mooooom...Dempsey's awake." I look up to see Lillian's upside down face hanging over the edge of the top bunk.   I give up...."Who wants to watch Cailou?"

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Gosh, I have SO much to look forward to!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete