all images © Meghan Boyer Photography

Friday, November 16, 2012

Grampa

Sean's grampa  had a massive stroke this morning.  He is a wonderful man.  And I don't have to say that.  But I'll say it again.  He is a wonderful man.  He loves his family dearly and you just can't help but love him back.  He is the family center.  Our universe.  A Navy veteran, retired fire fighter, husband, father, grandfather, and great grandfather.   He has the most incredible sense of humor.   You have to listen carefully and pay attention though.  His statements come out quick.  If you're not fast enough, you may just miss it.  Your loss. 

He's always accepted me.  And my family.  He asks how I'm doing.  And wants to know what kind of trouble my family is getting into.  He really likes trouble.  Then he listens.  Really listens.   You never know what you're going to get when your mom you choose a spouse.  You can't pick your in laws.  And neither can your mom.  If I could choose, I would pick mine.  Sean's family lives in Buffalo.  We don't see them enough.  Sometimes we wish we could pick up our house and move it to Buffalo.  Even if just for a little bit.  When we're lucky enough to see our Buffalo family, it's always a great time.  And everyone wants to be around G-Grampa (the triple threat's version of Great Grampa).  He is irresistible. 

When we're apart, G-Gram and G-Grampa always send us special letters.  G-Gram never forgets.  And always remembers to sign G-Grampa's name.  While he's off getting into trouble, no doubt. These letters are my treasures.

Hi,

Wish I could be there with you on Lil's special day.  bet you will have a lot of people to celebrate with you.  Tons of fun for our girl!

I will look forward to some pictures-not like being there tho.

You two are terrific parents!!

_____________________________________

Dear Sean & Lisa,
 
I feel so bad not being with you on Lillian's 1st birthday.  I would love to see first hand all the things I can brag about.  I know she is adorable, and bright and no doubt very active.  Hugable too.  It's hard to be so far away.

Hope you are well and enjoying life as you should.  Maybe we'll get to see you during the summer.  I sure hope so.  Give Lillian a kiss and a hug for us.

_______________________________________

Hi Lillian,

We really like the pretty Valentine you sent to us.  It is stuck on the fridge with a magnet so we can look at it.

_______________________________________

"Happy Easter"

Hope things are going well for you and that you sell your house for a ton of $ soon!

Have fun with Lillian on Easter.  I hope she likes this little book-it has always been a favorite of mine.

_______________________________________

Dear Sean & Lisa,

I know you will be having a really special & fun Christmas with Lillian & Grady.

Since I didn't know what to get for them, I'm hoping you will get them something they they need or want. Or use the check for the home.

I bought this DVD because the title reminded me of Lil.

Wishing you every joy!!

________________________________________

Hi Sean & Lisa,

Just want to say thanks for the pictures you sent!  They are precious to me.

We had some harried times but we're through it now.  Pretty much back to normal. 

I picture you all being busier than ever!!

________________________________________

Hi to all my lively Barnums!!

Sorry I missed Valentine's Day.  Without our usual deep snow I didn't notice what the date was, I guess.

Grady- how did you break your foot?  Hope it didn't hurt too much.  Hope it heals real quick!  Hope everyone is in 1 piece. 

Think about you - Love you always

________________________________________

Hey Lil, Grady, & Dempsey,

Have fun Trick-or-Treating!!  Did you guys make a Jack-o-Lantern yet?  Do you have scary, funny costumes?  Wish I could be there to see you all.

________________________________________

Hi to All:

Hope things are well with you all!! 

Lisa - Love your blogs.  Keeps me in touch.

Things have been hectic here - but better now.  Love you all so much.

________________________________________


Gram.  We love you.  You rock.  How do you put up with him? 

Grampa.  We love you.  You're a wonderful man. 

xxxxoooo

Who wouldn't want to kiss Grampa?

Grampa knew how to win Grady's heart, a really big pop.

He most definitely just said something absolutely hilarious.



No comments:

Post a Comment